1. What is the vision of Administrative Reforms Department?
The Administrative Reforms Department aims to facilitate the pursuit of excellence in governance through:
• Improvements in government structures and processes;
• Economy in government expenditure through conducting work-studies of various organizations of Delhi Government;
• Citizen-friendly initiatives including redressal of public grievances;
• Dissemination of best practices;
• Simplification of procedures; and
• Implementation of Right to Information Act. .
2. What is the mission of Administrative Reforms Deapartment?
Its mission is to suggest remedial measures for good governance, economy in government expenditure, improve organizational functioning through administrative reforms in the spheres of restructuring the departments/organizations, process improvement through re-engineering of work processes, organization and methods, grievance handling, promoting modernization, citizen’s charters, implementation of the Right to Information Act, award schemes, inculcating discipline amongst staff through regular punctuality drives.
3. Who are its clients?
Our Clients are:-
• Departments of Government of NCT of Delhi.
• Autonomous Bodies/Public Sector Undertakings of Government of NCT of Delhi.
• MCD/NDMC/Delhi Cantonment Board.
• Citizens with grievances against departments of Government of NCT of Delhi and its allied bodies, etc.
4. What type of services are being provided?
We provide the following services to organizations of Government of NCT of Delhi:-
• Policy support to all departments of Government of NCT of Delhi and coordination;
• Administrative reforms pertaining to simplification of procedures and improvement of organizational structure;
• Matters relating to organization and method;
• Conducting work measurement study of various departments Government of NCT of Delhi;
• Re-organization of departments;
• Office inspections;
• Public grievances;
• Implementation of Delhi Right to Information Act, 2001;
• Implementation of Right to Information Act, 2005;
• Secretarial functions for office of Lokayukta;
• Secretarial functions for Public Grievances Commission;
• Appointment of consultants for undertaking studies;
• Formulation & coordination and implementation of Citizen’s Charters.
5. What are the commitments towards citizens?
The citizens seeking redress of their grievances with various Departments/Autonomous Bodies/Local Bodies/Undertakings of Government of NCT of Delhi can expect that:
i) Their grievances shall be acknowledged and forwarded to concerned departments.
ii) The visitors to our office will be treated with courtesy and heard patiently to facilitate solving of their problems.
iii) Necessary guidance and assistance for getting information under the Right to Information Act shall be provided.
iv) Monitoring of pending pension cases shall be done.
v) Punctuality drives will be conducted to ensure discipline.
vi) Need based staff is assessed
vii) Procedures/forms for seeking information are simplified.
6. What is the time schedule for redressal of grievances and pension cases etc.?
Time schedule fixed for various activities of the department is as under:
|S.No.||Activity||Time frame fixed||Officers to be contacted in case of non-compliance|
|1.||Forwarding of grievances to concerned department.||7 days||Head of the Office|
|2.||Pension cases-review .||Every month||Head of the Office|
|3.||Disposal of applications received under Delhi Right to Information Act 2001||30 days||Adll. Chief Secretary (AR)|
|4.||Disposal of applications received under Right to Information Act 2005||30 days||Adll. Chief Secretary (AR)|
7. What is Right to Information?
The Government of NCT of Delhi introduced ‘Delhi Right to Information Act’ on 2nd October, 2001 when the citizens were given an important right to get information as a matter of right from any departments/agencies of Government of Delhi, including the local bodies viz. MCD and NDMC. However, Delhi Police, Land, Law and Order were not covered, being central subjects. During a period of eight years 15,000 applications were received under the Delhi Right to Information Act, 2001.
The Government of India too has given a parallel right to citizens through Right to Information Act, 2005 which has come into force w.e.f. 12th October 2005. It is applicable to all public authorities of Government of NCT of Delhi including Delhi Police, Land, Law and Order. The Government of NCT of Delhi is thus implementing both the Acts concurrently and the citizens are free to apply under any of the two Acts.
8. What is role of the Administrative Reforms Department in Citizen’s Charters?
It is the nodal agency to get the citizen’s charters prepared through various departments/organizations of Government of NCT of Delhi. Various departments have framed 75 charters.
9. Is there any mechanism available for redressal of public grievances?
The Government of NCT of Delhi has set up a Public Grievance Commission through a Resolution for effective redressal of grievances. It is an autonomous body, which attends to complaints received against the departments of Government of NCT of Delhi, its local bodies, undertakings, autonomous institutions/undertakings etc.
The commission is an independent body responsible for speedy redressal of complaints relating to acts of omission or of commission. It can also take up suo-motu action, where required. Its office address is as under:
M-Block, IInd Floor,
Vikas Bhawan, IP Estate,
New Delhi – 1100002.
10. What is the role of Lokayukta and where is its office?
The Delhi Lokayukta & Upalokayukta Act, 1995 provides a forum for attending to complaints against public functionaries to eradicate the vice of corruption, favoritism, abuse of position and power and present cleaner image. The Act takes within its ambit the Ministers including the Chief Minister of Govt. of NCT of Delhi, Members of Delhi Legislative Assembly, Members of Delhi Municipal Corporation etc.
The Lokayukta, however, shall not inquire into the allegations against any member of the Judicial Services and any person who is a member of Civil Services of the Union or All India Service or Civil Service of a State or holds a civil post under the Union or a State in connection with the affairs of Delhi. Its office address is as under:
G-Block, Vikas Bhawan,
IP Estate, New Delhi – 1100002.
11. Is their any scheme for citizen’s participation?
The officers and staff members of Government of Delhi and its autonomous bodies, undertakings etc. can participate in decision-making through the suggestion scheme and can get even cash awards up to Rs.5000/-.
The citizen’s and Non-Government Organizations are welcome to extend their cooperation in bringing reforms in different fields.
Last Updated Date :- 13/09/2021
Page last updated on: 13/09/2021